No known faults on the network.
In August 2004, Trevor Mallard, the Minister of Education, announced that Watchdog had been approved as a supplier of a managed internet service for state and state-integrated schools.
Watchdog, already the leading supplier of filtered Internet services to New Zealand schools over the last 5 years, is now funded by the MoE to supply your school with its CampusNet service. This means that it is absolutely free to all state and state-integrated schools! AND you can use this service alongside almost any Internet Service Provider/connection type….Watchdog do NOT have to be your ISP (in this instance, a static IP address is required).
Benefits of CampusNet
Our service comprises of:
Web Filtering – the same service that Watchdog has previously provided to schools under its Campus Watchdog brand, this allows schools to control the sites that are accessed through their Internet connection. This can be fully customised.
Email Filtering– the same service that Watchdog has previously provided to schools under its MailWatch brand, this allows schools to control their incoming emails in regard to spam, viruses, attachments and content.
Firewall– a new service from Watchdog whereby a pre-configured firewall unit is provided to the school to be managed by Watchdog to protect the school network from external attacks.
We are totally flexible when it comes to ISPs
A school can choose virtually any ISP/connection type. As long as they have a static IP address with that ISP, we can supply our MoE 100% funded Internet filtering service (CampusNet). This gives schools complete freedom to pick and choose — they are not locked in to a set ISP/plan.
CampusNet is an external filtering system
There is very little disruption to a school’s internal set up. In short, CampusNet is extremely quick and easy to implement.
You can customise our filtering yourself
We can provide you with a log in to our filtering interace so you can make immediate changes to the school’s filtering profile OR you can use the standard method of emailing us and we can do it for you.
Weekly web-use reports
We send you a weekly report outlining the top 100 sites that have been visited.
We do not charge for remote access!
We do not charge for the helpdesk
… and you get to talk to us within minutes!
Our filtering technology is very sophisticated
- We do not block Google Images — we filter them so that you can still access 1000’s of wonderful images.
- We filter http://www.youtube.com/ so you can access the general content on the site but cannot log in to view the adult material (please note – we rely on the self monitoring system of this site).
- We filter Yahoo Groups for safe use.
- We filter https:(secure) sites – we have been doing this for years and many sites that we block are of this type.
- We block anonymous proxies – We are also block proxies via pattern recognition. This feature is continually being improved as new proxy signatures are added. This is the best form of defence against these ‘cgi’ proxies embedded’ in web sites. We filter both http: and https: sites so proxies on https: are no problem.
All email addresses are accepted and labelled appropriately. Attachments are easy to open.
There are no set up fees for our CampusNet service.
There is no training required for our CampusNet service.
Check out our special offer!
A Broadband package for smaller schools, only
We offer a Bitstream broadband service for only $49 per month plus GST which includes:
- 256k Broadband Internet with 10GB per month average usage
- 1 .nz domain name registration and hosting eg: sample.school.nz
- 5 POP mailboxes or server-based SMTP email
- static IP address
- CampusNet MoE-funded Managed Internet Service including Firewall, Web Filtering for safe access, and email filtering
Note: Telecom JetStream (or equivalent) must be available at your school in order for you to be eligible for this offer (please contact us below if you are not sure about this). There is a Telecom setup charge of $145.05 plus GST.
Please call 0508 WATCHDOG (0508 928 243) or email firstname.lastname@example.org