NETWORK STATUS : There are no known faults on our network.
Moodle in Schools
Watchdog Moodle2 and ParentPORTAL Services
Professional service that maximize the benefits Moodle and the ParentPORTAL can provide to your school.
- Application Setup
- Implementation Support
- Staff Training
- Ongoing Support
- Ongoing Hosting & Application Management
Ministry of Education Funding Eligibility
Watchdog is the Ministry’s official Moodle in Schools implementation partner.
If you are an intermediate or secondary school, you may be eligible for Ministry of Education funding for Setup, Implementation, initial Training and your first 6 months of Support Hosting and Application Management with Watchdog. Ministry funding includes application setup, 2 days training/implementation and 6 months of ongoing telephone support, hosting and application management.
This is dependenton your role size and SMS.
Please call 09 426 1101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility.
This includes setup of a new Moodle instance, setup of a ParentPORTAL and telephone assistance for your school’s IT support staff to setup the WebSYNC application for SMS-LMS data uploads.
The Moodle build used is that found on the www.moodleinschools.org.nz website.
This includes working with your school management to determine the best strategies for configuring and rolling out Moodle and the ParentPORTAL to your staff, students and parents.
This includes either online (eg video conferencing) or face to face in the use of Moodle and the ParentPORTAL.
If your preference is for face to face training then there may be additional trainer travel costs.
Unlimited ‘how to’ telephone and email support is available for:
This is available for all school Administrators and Teachers for between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm weekdays.
Hosting & Application Management
Hosting and application management includes:
- Up to 10 Gbytes of application and data storage in the cloud hosting environment
- Daily monitoring of server, SMS-LMS WebSYNC uploads and Moodle Provisioning
- Cloud Hosting server management
- Nightly backups
- Automatic patches & updates to Moodle, WebSYNC and the ParentPORTAL as required.
Ongoing fees for the above services vary depending on the number of students in your school. Fees are based on $0.50 per student per month with a minimum fee of $100.00 per month and a maximum fee of $500.00 per month.
Watchdog’s services providethe following additional benefits:
- As an official Ministry of Education LMS provider, Watchdog has an active voice back to the Ministry advocating schools use of LMS’s and lobbying for better funding for schools.
- Funding further development: Part of the ongoing fees paid by schools is allocated to further development of the service. This includes further development of the ParentPORTAL and the checking of additional Moodle modules.
Optional Services / Variations
The Ministry funding will coverthe setup and installation ofthe vanilla Moodleinschools.org.nz Moodle2 instance. It is likely that the school may want to customise the look and feel or use another school’s theme etc, this is not covered in the initial Ministry funding.
The school is responsible for the setup, installation and ongoing maintenance of the WebSYNC client on your SMS server; this should be done by your IT Partner that manages this server. Watchdog Helpdesk can assist with telephone & email support with this process.
Optional additional services are available if required. These include:
- Testing and implementation of further specific Moodle modules
- Setup/Integration of Single Sign On (SSO) into Moodle and/or ParentPORTAL
- Additional training as required
- Skinning/customisation of Moodle and/or ParentPORTAL
- Customised themes, layouts & URLs
The fees for optional services range from $100.00to $130.00 per hour depending on services required.
- Additional training / professional development/ implementation can be provided
We recognise that you may require variations to our standard services. This may include:
- School use of a Virtual Server rather than the standard cloud hosting
- Schools grouping to share a Moodle instance or implementation
- Reduced or additional levels of support etc
- Increased storage space above 10 GBytes
Please feel free to contact us to discuss any optional services or variations that you may require.